I must share some of the other urgent problems our country is facing. The majority of my blogs will be about our environment, water and energy needs and solutions. Water is linked to both energy and environment and is currently our most threatened natural resource.
When we concentrate or give priority to a few problems, we must also realize that a coming crisis is always easier and cheaper to deal with before it gets to be the next crisis. We call this “The Big Picture” I promise to elaborate on this view another time. Ocean issues and emerging solutions will also be covered another time.
(If anyone is interested in hearing about the hydrologic cycle let me know.)
Here are some of our problems;
- Clean potable water is not sustainable in the sense that we use it faster than the planet can make it
- Temporary or permanent water restrictions
- Heat increase from hotspots where plants are gone in a “concrete jungle”
Solutions currently working that could help;
- Efficient electrodialysis and desalination with less damage to habitats
- Conserve ex.wet your toothbrush and shut off the faucet until you fill your glass and rinse your brush
- Cleaner electricity. Current methods of electrical production irreversibly use over half of our water
- Cistern, rain barrel and rain water capture for landscaping needs.
- Hydrogen production-most or all water is recovered as distilled water
Lois Moore- President and Founder
Environmental Power & Water Generation and E3 Wise.